Monday, February 16, 2015

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7: A late cast review 💋

We've all seen their MTQ videos, the trailer AND their Covergurlz music videos already, I think i am just so excited and late so I'll just give my thoughts on the new queens very quickly :D

🙅Jaidynn Diore Fierce - You know, that time where everyone thinks that fat, sassy black girls are the epitome of sass and confidence? Yeah it all went *poof* when I saw Mystique. So I hope Jaidynn doesn't become a Mystique(Mystique I like you but I'm talking about that time you were on the show). Some of her costumes are crrrruuusty. And her music video? Crrruuuusstier.
💁Mrs. Kasha Davis - I honestly am keeping an eye out for her because she looks like a really happy India Ferrah who sounds like the cat in Cat In The Hat. She reminds me of Magnolia, Bianca and DeLa from last season tbh. I like her character and her music video can cheer a girl up when she's sad. It's like, you didn't choose your life. But go ahead and live it like a queen anyway ;)
💁Max Malanaphy - honestly, when I first saw her MTQ I was all "ew man in a dress/Milk wannabe/he looks like the lead singer of Magic! out of drag" and I did not see why y'all live for her. But then her music video came and I was slain(slayed is not a word FYI). She looks soooo much better with long, straight hair than the tired, overused Marilyn Monroe bob. And I'm starting to like her.
💁Pearl - I know for some reason y'all think Violet is gonna be the bitch of the season, but I believe it's Pearl. I don't know why. She just seems to give out a bitchy, snobby-diva aura. And I'm not living for it. She kind of reminds me of Serena ChaCha in her MTQ, and she looks like Raven who swapped out all the black for white. That, and their one-word names.
💁Violet Chachki - You know, what if she turns out to be a sweetheart? I could see that happening very likely. She reminded me of Danny(because I don't think you call someone who wears half-assed outfits and t-shirts a "queen") when she said she hates Michelle Visage. Idk. Also, she is literally skinny, smallest waist and all that. Are the Atlanta girls skinny? Nicole Paige Brooks From Atlanta, Georgia y'all? Pah?
💁Kennedy Davenport - Sahara's(RIP baby) drag sister, so naturally can destroy a stage. She is so underrated and polite and shy and mellow and Southern and that makes me root for her. When her MTQ was out, a lot thought she would be an early boot. I still actively fangirled over her, following her almost everywhere and liking her pages and tweeting about her. But yeah, I had doubts in my mind and I was afraid of her going home very early. But then the trailer came. "*pop* sick'ning!" and everyone treated her like the second coming of redeemed TKB. GO KENNEDY!
💁Katya Zamolodchikova - first of all I really love trying to pronounce her last name. ZAH-MOLODCHI-KOVA. I like her Russian stick. Her CoverGurlz video killed me. Then gave me life again. She rolled her R's everywhere(drrrag u... Mirrracurr) It helps that she's also quite pretty. Yes, mom is pretty. Mom is a cool mom. Top 3 or crown pls.
Btw mom is also trade. Have y'all seen her bulge?
💁Ginger Minj - oh, looks like Darienne and DeLa got busy. I hope she's not the mean girl. I can see myself rooting for her as much as I rooted for Magnolia(read: A LOT.) She has the best CoverGurlz song AND video. I think she's top 3.
💁Jasmine Masters - Oh dear gosh. I have something to say. And it ain't nice. I think her face looks busted(read: Dida Ritz) and her lips are a sin. Her outfit looked rather okay in her MTQ. As for her music video... Does she really want to be known for videos being filmed vertically on a phone? And that transphobic thing she once said? Kind of made me dislike her. Even if she said sorry. Trust me when I say I'm trying to like her.
💁Kandy Ho - I don't know, not a fan of her look, reminds me of Danny. I hate this chola thing y'all like. I think it's extremely fugly and overused and trashy. The only thing interesting about her MTQ was the whole bit about her loving sex. Okay. So does my menopausal aunt. I'm not living. I'm not a fan of high-fashion/beat-for-the-goddesses queens who still don't look convincing. And that music video? Yeah no.
💁Sasha Belle - She didn't really make her MTQ very memorable. I remember her looking like a scary bitch on the promo tho! She looks like Macklemore out of drag. In drag she looks like the landlady bird from Touch Detective. He can have my pie anytime y'all, even with Cafe Aubrey closed. She's funny. Her music video made me laugh a lot, especially that one part where she acts all ghetto while looking like someone's "cool" aunt xD(which, by the way, was inspired by queen Stacy Layne Matthews) and the trade shaking the booty.. Is.. It hers? 😳
💁Tempest DuJour - I've always had a soft spot for the older queens, but I wasn't a fan of her promo look nor her music video. I believe, no matter how big your shoulders are, you can still serve femininity and grace. You don't need to be fishy. I know she's very old-school drag, but I hope she can pull of femme looks because while camp is nice, it needs some glamour too(Manila.) Camp without glamour? Mimi Imfurst 2.0
💁Trixie Mattel - Her MTQ was interesting, to say the least. And her music video look reminded me of that tall sandy-haired girl from the Delightful Children From Down The Lane on Codename: Kids Next Door. The make-up is toooo harsh 💆 I don't know if she's gonna be the mean girl or the sweet one. Hopefully not the former. I like her aesthetically(except the makeup), the hair, the fashuns, and those over-padded hips.
💁Miss Fame - She reminds me of Detox personality-wise... Eww hope not.. She came into this show with a big, established name, and as a result, it made me not root for her. I like under-dogs, you see. Oh well. On the Which Season Seven Drag Queen Are You or something quiz I took, I got her. I'm pretty ambivalent. I hope she changes my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment